Okay folks, as you might have guessed by the title of this post, there's somethin' to be said for the difference between "can" and "should". Yes, yes - I'm sure you're thinking, "Look, I ain't here for no grammar lesson". I ain't neither no how, so you can jest relax.
~
Editor's Note: As a result of this brazen display of indifference to the rules of grammar, Scribe is currently undergoing a rigorous grammar course, from which (we fervently hope) he will emerge a changed man. This post will be resumed by the author as soon as possible. Thank you for your patience.
~
Scribe here (again). Yes, yes - they made me take a grammar lecture... but they ain't gonna make no nit-pickin' grammarian out o' me, no sir, no how (don't tell the Editor I said that...)
~
Back to the point of this post, though ( I hate rabbit trails): the American Government - now with a socialist/Muslim at it's head - wants to take over every aspect of our lives. The people running it won't come out and say that. They'll launch some idiotic rigmarole on how they want to help us out, be our friend, make us comfortable. Translation - they want to run our lives, take away our freedoms, and be more powerful than they have a right to be; and all the while, they hand us lie after lie telling us everything's just fine and dandy. And unfortunately, the majority of people in America swallow whatever is fed them without question. If things go on as they are, one day, after it's too late and Obama and his cronies have battered our freedoms to pulp, Americans will wake up to find themselves in an America which is no longer the America of our forefathers.
~
The Government seems to think that if they can, they should. Sorry, Big Brother. "Can" and "Should" are two entirely different things. Just because you can, does not mean you should. Just because I have the power or ability to steal, doesn't make it all right to steal. To believe otherwise is just not logical. Ability/power and permission are not the same. So just because the Government has the ability to enforce national healthcare does not give the Government permission to do so. Just because the Government has the power to run the education of children all over the United States doesn't mean it has permission to do so.
~
This post is not going to be a giant lecture on the topic of what the Government can and cannot do. If you want to know that, just find a copy of the American Constitution and start readin'. The limits of the Government are clearly defined in it. You can also read an excellent post by Dr. Voddie Baucham on the similarities of Government run healthcare and Government run education.
~
Below, I've included a video called "The Government Can" by Christian comedian Tim Hawkins. Watch it and laugh. Watch it and remember it's so true.
~
"Political language... is designed to make lies sound truthful and murder respectable, and to give an appearence of solidity to pure wind." ~ George Orwell, Politics and the English Language
~
"Big Brother is watching you." ~ George Orwell, 1984
Persevero,
Scribe



Scribe, please don't change. I like you just the way you are. You have the wisdom of someone a lot older than you are. I'm so proud of you. I agree with your post. I tried the video(so did Brandon when he was over here) and my computer just won't play them. I don't know what to do to fix it. I love you and thank God for you. Just keep posting.
ReplyDeleteHUGS,
Memaw