Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Interview with an Athiest




I don't know what ran through your head as you watched this, but the thought that came into my mind was how sad it was that this unbelieving pagan, a sworn enemy of Our God, could explain and articulate the Christian faith better than many Christians can in this day and age. Why, in the name of all common sense, should the devil's children know the faith of God's children better than God's children do? That is twisted, the total opposite of the way things should be. And yet - sadly - disturbingly - wrongly - that is how it is with many Christians today. They have fallen into a trap of complacency and ignorance, and are not fulfilling the call that Christ gives to us as Christians: "Go into all the world and preach the gospel to every creature." (Mark 16:15) They are fearful of what the world will think or say of them, what the world will do to them as Followers of the One True God. They deny Christ by silence and compromise. Yet Christ plainly says, "Therefore whoever confesses Me before men, him will I also confess before My Father Who is in heaven. But whoever denies Me before men , him will I deny before My Father Who is in heaven." (Matthew 10:32-33). And the Gospel will offend people. The Truth of Christ is divisive. "Do not think that I came to bring peace on earth," Christ states. "I did not come to bring peace but a sword."

~

God make us Christians who follow Him whole-heartedly rather than half-heartedly; Christians who use our God-given weapons to good effect rather than wielding them sluggishly or not at all - Christians who do not hesitate to bear the holy Name of the Son of God - Christians who throw fear of man to the wind, and hide the fear of God in their hearts.

Persevero,

Scribe

5 comments:

  1. I remember how surprised I was when I first watched this video...because I didn't know that the person speaking was actually an athiest. I love the last line from your post, and I'll have to put that in MY commonplace book as a quote from my dear son!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Scribe,
    I was astonished to watch this video, only to realize that this man is an athiest. He understands Christianity, and their purpose much more clearly that most Christians. This is a video that every Christion should watch. I encourage other people who follow your blog to take the time to watch this video. I, as a Christian feel shame.

    Corey, I love your Quote from Augustine. I know of only one other quote from Augustine. I would like to see more!
    Love you Scribe,
    Aunt C

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow...how well he articulated Christianity...and even the demons know who Jesus is...and that he died on the cross...so wherein lies the difference between...ie..what distinguishes a "true believer" from a "believer"....hmmmmmm...deep conversation..

    Scribe...you are a young man with wisdom far beyond his years...and with a gift of insight and communication...Keep up the good work!!
    Love you!
    Michele

    P.S. Do you mind if I copy your idea and post that video on my facebook page??

    ReplyDelete
  4. Scribe, you continue to amaze me with your
    posts. I would have thought the young man in the video was a christian. It should encourage true Christians to stand up for what we believe and not be ashamed. You definitely have me continually thinking as I read your posts. I'm proud of you.
    LOVE,
    MEMAW

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very well said, Scribe!! That is sad yet so true. Our Fellow Believers (and us included) fail in our service towards Him, don't we. Praise Him for his mercy and grace! Ugh, I don't like thinking about how many things I have done yet could have done in a different way so that God would get the glory.
    Thanks for posting!! I am glad you showed me your blog... :)
    Sarah

    ReplyDelete