------------------------
What's in the name?I dubbed my site Reel Quick because it's supposed to be exactly that: a place where you can find quick but comprehensive movie reviews from a Christian perspective.
~
Why?Those who know me know I love movies. I enjoy watching them, critiquing them, and talking about them. I had originally intended Reel Quick to be only a personal journal, a place where I could record my thoughts about the films I watched. But as I thought more about it, I realized that there might be others who could benefit from the site as well...
Truth be told, the vast majority of secular movie sites provide inadequate - if not downright misleading - reviews. For example, have you ever sat down to watch something that was labeled "family friendly", and then found to your dismay that it was everything but? My family has. And it's aggravating in the extreme. My hope is that Reel Quick will be of benefit to those who have the same frustration, and are in search of quality, conservative movie reviews.
~
How does it work?My formula for reviewing movies is actually pretty simple.
- First, I provide details regarding the studio, director, actors, etc.;
- Second, I include a brief description of what the movie is about;
- Third, I rate the movie's content on a scale of 0 to 10;
- Fourth, I write a brief note, stating my opinion of the film;
- Finally, I jot down an age recommendation.
(It is important to add here that when it comes to indecent content and strongly offensive language in films, my parents usually do all the editing; thus, when I say that this or that film contains such and such amount of indecency or profanity, my knowledge of it is almost always secondhand)
~
What movies?
I'll readily admit that I do not watch the majority of what Hollywood cranks out these days. Why? Because it's usually nothing but garbage fit for gutter rats. I'm not going to go and watch trash for the sole purpose of reviewing it. No sir...
The movies I do review are varied in genre: there's action/adventure, suspense, drama, science fiction, etc. I also review older movies that other movie sites may not have.
~
In conclusion, I'd simply like to make the point that my reviews are no substitute for your own discernment and discretion. Remember that as you peruse the site. My reviews are not authoritative, infallible directives; they are meant to act only as a guide. That said, I sincerely hope Reel Quick proves to be of at least some benefit to those who use it. Soli Deo Gloria!
* * *
Persevero,




Very good, Scribe. I'm so proud of you.
ReplyDeleteNow I will go and check out your site.
HUGS,
MEMAW