~
In the preface to his book, John Stott examines this question. He reminds us that basic Christianity isn't merely accepting the fact that Jesus was the Son of God. No, basic Christianity isn't even just believing that Jesus is the Son of God who came to be the Saviour of the world. Basic Christianity, says Stott, is this:
~
"We must commit ourselves, heart and mind, soul and will, home and life, personally and unreservedly to Jesus Christ. We must humble ourselves before Him. We must trust in Him as our Saviour and submit to Him as our Lord; and then we must go on to take our place as loyal members of the church and responsible citizens in the community."
~
* * *
Persevero,
Scribe
~
Read about John Stott here
~To get your own copy of Basic Christianity, click here
* * *
Persevero,
Scribe



I'm looking forward to going through this with you. I'm hoping I'll discover why it's considered such a classic work...Love you!
ReplyDeleteSounds like it's going to be a GREAT read (another book to add to my ever-growing list)!...and that quote is going in my commonplace =)
ReplyDelete