Yes, folks, here's another reptile post (that's good news for some and bad news for others). My brothers and I were outside again today, equipped with our snake stick, bucket, and net, and after some poking and prying around, we rounded up what we believe to be three Western Fence Lizards. One was a matured adult, and the other two were juveniles. Check 'em out in the pics below...
***
The obliging juveniles
The not-so-obliging adult, who proceeded to...
... bite my finger. And not let go.His bite felt like a strong pinch, so even though it didn't hurt that much, it wasn't the most comfortable feeling in the world either. He held on for almost five minutes despite my efforts to shake, pull, or pry him off. When I did get him loose, I had a slightly sore finger and a new respect for lizard tenacity.
***
Persevero,
Scribe



Scribe, You are such a brave sole. You definitely have an opportunity to see God's creation there that city folks don't. What do the girls think about the snakes and the lizards. I'm sure you know what your memaw thinks about them. UGH.
ReplyDeleteHugs,
MEMAW
Scribe,
ReplyDeleteI feel so much better knowing that you, and your brothers were equipped with your snake stick, bucket, and net! Those obligin' juveniles are okay, but that non-obligin' adult was pure mean!
Lovin' the new term "Lizard tenacity"!
Thanks for sharing your adventure;I felt as though I were right there with youse guys!
Love,
Aunt C
Hey Scribe!Sorry I have not posted in a long time.The pic's of the lizards were great. That adult was nasty mean! I hope that your finger is okay now.I love you all.
ReplyDeletesigned, The other lizard hunter
Dear Mr. Other Lizard Hunter,
ReplyDeleteI'm sorry to report that Scribe is not doing so well after the lizard encounter. He was taken to the ER about half an hour ago, and is currently undergoing a detailed medical examination. His doctors fear that he could very well have contracted a rare strain of lizard flu from the bite. His recovery is very doubtful.
Signed,
The Editor
Dear Editor, I am so sorry to hear that.He will be missed. But do I get anything from his will[if he does not pull through]?
ReplyDeleteSigned, The sad other lizard hunter
Dear Mr. Sad Other Lizard Hunter,
ReplyDeleteYour sorrow is greatly questioned, sir. You sound like a money-grubber, if I may make so bold! Good day to you! (And you'll not get a single penny!)
Signed,
A Very Upset Editor Who Detests Money-Grubbers
Dear Editor,
ReplyDeleteYou are a jerk!!!
Signed,
The very VERY upset lizard hunter